Multiplayer help?

1. My and my friend want to play minecraft together, but whats a server name? can someone tell me how to play with a friend?

User Info: TigerBlood97

TigerBlood97 - 5 years ago
    Legitimately as in purchased? I play on minecraftforfree.com, its the minecraft official site that let's me play free, it allows me to click multiplayer and enter server, I just wasn't sure

User Info: TigerBlood97

TigerBlood97 - 5 years ago
    What Shadow means by "legitimately obtained" is that you have to get the actual game; so no "free Minecraft" websites. Either buy the game online or buy a card from Gamestop, BestBuy, etc.

User Info: darkzacattack

darkzacattack - 2 years ago

1. first of all, you need a server IP address, to find one check out mcserverlist.net or www.planetminecraft.com/resources/servers/

Then open Minecraft
    ---click Multiplayer
    --- click Add Server
    ---copy and paste a server IP into the Server Address box
    --- name the server whatever you want with the Server Name box (name appears for you only)
    ---click the new server in your server list and click join
    ---Finally, have your friend repeat the above steps

And, Voila! you should be able to see and play multiplayer with each other! (keep in mind this is only for legitimately obtained Minecraft)

User Info: Shadow122333

Shadow122333 - 5 years ago 1 0