Question from dibbion

Why is minecraft lagging on my computer?

It's not so much running the game as it is clearing the lag. I have no clue how to clear the lag from the game. I find it weird that my computor can run the web, but not minecraft (without lag). Does anyone know how to clear lag? Please explain how step-by-step, I'll be sure to check later today.

dibbion provided additional details:

It's actually a laptop, but I saw that someone had already put "laptop" down in their question, and I didn't want to rip them off, so I just put "computer" down instead of "laptop". Anyhow, I'd like to clear up the lag on my laptop so I can play minecraft once again. Oh, and If you'd be kind enough to, if you put something down that you don't think I'd understand, explain what it is, please?

dibbion provided additional details:

Can you tell me step-by-step how to install GameBooster, Please?

dibbion provided additional details:

And, there's a problem: this laptop's got a really slow processor, so it's not up to running games, and my game's gonna lag. Although I've set everything to what you recommended, misterchief118, the simple texture pack may have to wait.

dibbion provided additional details:

Oh, and how much would it cost to get the texture pack in question?

dibbion provided additional details:

I did almost everything you told me to do to clear up the lag, and what I did do managed to get me back up to speed with myself and my speed preferences, and clear up a lot of lag in the process. I tested my in-game speed, and miraculously, everything works! Thanks for the help, misterchief118, I really appreciate it.

dibbion provided additional details:

Got the smooth vanilla texture pack just like u wanted, misterchief118. I'll accept your answer now.

misterchief118 answered:

Well I think that it may be your computer(how much of the screen your using) I recommend you to go to video settings change the graphics to fast, render distance to short, take off smooth lighting, performance to Max FPS, 3D anaglyph to Off, view bobbing to off, GUI scale to auto, advanced openLG off, brightness to moody, and change difficulty to peaceful. Also get the simple texture pack on www.minecraftdl.com(make sure you get the one with the version you have ex. i have minecraft 1.0.1 and i got the one for 1.0.1) when you are on the website click on the tab that says TEXTURE PACKS. OH and im using a LAPTOP guy that said u cant play minecraft on a laptop!!!!!!!!
1 0

Answers

Nintendude128 answered:

GameBooster works wonders on my laptop, and Fullscreen (F11) helps quite a bit.
1 1