How can i fix a good laptop that runs slow?

1. I have an Acer Aspire 5742G. The specs are: Intel Core i5-480M (4 cores), NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (2 GB), 8 GB DDR3 Memory (7,68 can be used). And I checked the BIOS, it said 128mb was used at memory, so I don't know. I use to play Minecraft alot, and I can only play it with render distance on short and it still lags. I only gets 20-30 fps. My friend got lower specs than me and plays it with render distance on normal and gets 100 fps and higher. He got an Asus X53S with Intel Core i5 with 4 cores, 6gb ram and the same graphic card as i have. Both have 64 bit. So can somebody help me? The stuff that uses most of the process is chrome.exe *32 (right now I have 5 tabs open) and in total it uses 558701 kb, and the second is svchost.exe but i think thats normal. So can somebody help me?

User Info: GamerFridge

GamerFridge - 4 years ago
    And, just so you know, 20-30 FPS is NOT slow, i only have about 27 FPS and my game runs fine, as long as there aren't too many drops in my render distance at a time.

User Info: DragonCat1

DragonCat1 - 3 years ago

Answers

1. GameBooster worked wonders for me, and I head OptiFine works for others. Closing chrome will likely help as well.

User Info: Nintendude128

Nintendude128 (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. I have a netbook with 1 GB of RAM, and MC works wonders (about 70-100 fps) for me because of the Optifine mod (google it!). If you just want to do it in vanilla, change these settings:
    Graphics: Fast
    Render Distance: Tiny
    Advanced OpenGL: Off
    View Bobbing: Off
    Clouds: Off
    Particles: Minimal

With Optifine (if slow)
    Render Distance: Tiny
    Fog Start: 0.8
    Fog: OFF (It looks like far render distance)
    Animations -> Explosions Animated: Off (fixes a lot of TNT/ creeper lag)
    Performance -> Smooth FPS: On
    Try experimenting if you have Optifine.

User Info: acc123456789

acc123456789 - 3 years ago 0 0
  3. Here is what i would do; change your performance to 'Max FPS', flip your open GL to 'on', change your render distance to 'short' when in jungles, normal at all other times, play on peaceful, move slower, and make SURE EVERYTHING EXEPT Minecraft is closed.

User Info: DragonCat1

DragonCat1 - 3 years ago 0 0