Question from Sonalis1092

What do the different sound cues mean?

Whenever I'm out and about/exploring, I hear different sounds during the game that aren't coming from mobs or objects. I know one of them (a high-pitched, faint screech) means that I'm close to hitting a cavern or a dungeon when I'm mining. Does anyone know what some of the other sounds mean?

Nintendude128 answered:

Anything that isn't constant music is probably Cave Ambience, which can play when you are within a certain distance of an air block with light level 0.
1 0

Answers

slaiar560 answered:

A fsh fsh- splashing sound is water near you flowing or not. A "pop" sound is lava in about 10 blocks from you. What else do you hear?
0 0

DragonCat1 answered:

Likely the same thing, try thinking about the sound and its implications, for instance a Ssss. is either a creeper, or some fiery thing cooling/going out, A kerpochy sound or a boom means ghast, creeper, or TNT. A child's cry sound is a ghast.
0 0

The dungeon sound even above ground? Answered usernamej13
Sound files missing!? Open Gak237
Help!?!?!?! Unanswered Edogg04
Can Someone Help My Lag In Minecraft? Unanswered -x-ProCookie-x-
How to put mods? Unanswered Pyx