Sound files missing!?

1. Ok so, I forse updated my game and when i was done, my newsound file was empty! anyone know how to get them back?

User Info: Gak237

Gak237 - 4 years ago
    I had an error with minecraft and had to re-download it, now i only have the damage sound (breaking bone sound).

User Info: Gak237

Gak237 - 4 years ago
    joseph, thanks for trying, but i tried that several times before i asked this, i read online that the sound files download a while after you start up minecraft. So I rigged something up with pistons so i could find out when the sound files would download, After several hours, only have ambient (I tried re-downloading it again and it got rid of the sound files i had :(.

User Info: Gak237

Gak237 - 4 years ago
    well i finally got my sound files, so i made a back-up of the sound files. what I didn't know is it wasn't finished downloading the record's music, so when i had trouble with mods and had to re-download minecraft, i just put the sound files i had gotten from my backup/ i was wondering if the music disc files will download even though i used back up files (I didn't replace the whole new sound files, just put the sounds into the newsound file already there)

User Info: Gak237

Gak237 - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Go into your start menu and click search (on win xp go to run) type in %appdata% and click on roaming (WIN XP click enter) Go into the .minecraft folder which should be one of the first folders in there... erase the bin folder in .minecraft and rerun minecraft... if that doesnt work try downloading the snaphot... look at the tutorials on youtube

User Info: WTFJ0SePh

WTFJ0SePh - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. Here are a few solutions:
    1. Open minecraft, hit options, and force update.
    2. Download the seperate files online, if possible.
    3. Check and see if the sounds are in the right format, I think it should be .GCC

User Info: youbooyouboo

youbooyouboo - 3 years ago 0 0