Question from Gak237

Sound files missing!?

Ok so, I forse updated my game and when i was done, my newsound file was empty! anyone know how to get them back?

Gak237 provided additional details:

I had an error with minecraft and had to re-download it, now i only have the damage sound (breaking bone sound).

Gak237 provided additional details:

joseph, thanks for trying, but i tried that several times before i asked this, i read online that the sound files download a while after you start up minecraft. So I rigged something up with pistons so i could find out when the sound files would download, After several hours, only have ambient (I tried re-downloading it again and it got rid of the sound files i had :(.

Gak237 provided additional details:

well i finally got my sound files, so i made a back-up of the sound files. what I didn't know is it wasn't finished downloading the record's music, so when i had trouble with mods and had to re-download minecraft, i just put the sound files i had gotten from my backup/ i was wondering if the music disc files will download even though i used back up files (I didn't replace the whole new sound files, just put the sounds into the newsound file already there)

Answers

WTFJ0SePh answered:

Go into your start menu and click search (on win xp go to run) type in %appdata% and click on roaming (WIN XP click enter) Go into the .minecraft folder which should be one of the first folders in there... erase the bin folder in .minecraft and rerun minecraft... if that doesnt work try downloading the snaphot... look at the tutorials on youtube
0 0

youbooyouboo answered:

Here are a few solutions:
1. Open minecraft, hit options, and force update.
2. Download the seperate files online, if possible.
3. Check and see if the sounds are in the right format, I think it should be .GCC
0 0

What do the different sound cues mean? Answered Sonalis1092
The dungeon sound even above ground? Answered usernamej13
How can I locate a "slime chunk"? Unanswered LilPikachu
Can I install and play Minecraft offline? Open SneaselSwift
Please help? Unanswered mygamerscave