Can't download snapshot?

1. So every time I try to download snapshot 12w26a, something pops up that says "Could not find the main class: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft. Program will exit". Does anyone know what this means?

User Info: jalapenosand

jalapenosand - 4 years ago
    Did you install the snapshot?

User Info: SioReolu

SioReolu - 4 years ago
    No, I went on the minecraft wiki and went to page where it said "Current weekly PC version", I then clicked on where it said client for 12w26a. It started to download but then when it was done that pop-up came up. I also tried previous versions, and those didn't work either

User Info: jalapenosand

jalapenosand - 4 years ago
    Well the problem is that that message appears right when the the download is finished, then .jar file dissapears, and I can't put the .jar into my bin.

User Info: jalapenosand

jalapenosand - 4 years ago
    Wish I'd seen this earlier. The problem may be that you are clicking open instead of download. It could also be your AV program, though from the error message it appears to be the first former. If you are opening it instead of downloading it the jar will be in your temp folder.

User Info: lavarathan

lavarathan - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Put the minecraft.jar in your .minecraft folder, which is located in %APPDATA%.

User Info: SioReolu

SioReolu - 4 years ago 0 0