Question from SirBlueBird

Why wont my dog stand up?

I am not clicking w/ anything in hand and i am in singleplayer
also i have tried to hit my dog and he still will not stand they end up dissappearing after awhile. ?

SirBlueBird provided additional details:

Also how far away does your cat have to be away from you to scare? off a creeper cause i had my cat following me around at night figureing i'd go and hunt some monsters without have to worry about being blown up but like 3 creepers cratered the land around my house

I tried pouring water on it and it stands up but as soon as the water is gone he sits again I think it might be a glitch having to do with you leaving them and that chunk unloading or whatever its called it only happens when I leave them alone for awhile

Answers

Nintendude128 answered:

Are you in 1.2.5, or a snapshot? Either way, try pouring water on him.
1 0

Taymeh answered:

Aha! I too have had this problem, it's a bug. If you don't want to kill your cat, of which I had to, then wait for the next update for Minecraft. It's coming out tommorow, on the 1st of August. Many people have had this problem, but I look forward to the next update. I, unfortunately, had to kill both of my cats of which were stuck. It's a loading error, so, if none of this works, you'll have to kill them.
1 0

-----MX3----- answered:

Most likely a glitch in a certain release. Wait for the next release, and maybe your cat will stand up.
0 0

Why won't my dog stand up? Answered SkywardSword100
Wont let me purchase? Answered nicomonetleone
Why wont these monsters let me sleep? Answered EtherealJester
Why wont my server won't work? Open scruffysword
The game wont play? Open Lunarace