How do I use redstone?

1. I need help with redstone wiring. I don't know how to use it.

User Info: SgtVinny

SgtVinny - 4 years ago

1. You place redstone dust( a.k.a redstone) on the ground, and place a power source, such as a lever, buton, or redstone torch on one end of the soon-to-be circuit. Then you place a mechanism, door, piston,etc. on the other end, and when the redstone is powered(it will be glowing), then the mechanism will perform its task, such as doors will open and pistons will push outwards.

User Info: Skystrike70

Skystrike70 - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Redstone is commonly used for many different setups. Here is an example of using redstone for an automatic door: First, you place your door in a desired place, after that you put a piece of redstone down next to the door, lastly, you make a wooden pressure plate and put it on the other side of the piece of redstone. There you have it, an automatic door. There are endless possibilities to making things with redstone. I would recommend a redstone Wikipedia.

User Info: VarietyofGamez

VarietyofGamez - 4 years ago 2 0
  2. Minecraft wiki/redstone.net
    thats what i use

User Info: DragonCat1

DragonCat1 - 3 years ago 0 1
  3. HOW TO USE RED STONE

1. Get redstone block
    2. Make it to red stone
    3. Right click to place it
    4. Make a lever
    5. Put lever close to redstone
    6. Turn lever on. The redstone should glow. If not, something's rong.

I hope I helped!!!!

User Info: Magicwolf2

Magicwolf2 - 3 years ago 0 0