Question from asisease123

I cant connect to my minecraft server?

I've recently made a minecraft 1.3.1 server and i can connect to it and everything but only from my PC

Everytime i try to connect to it from my laptop it says refused to login

I have already allowed the port (25565) through my firewall and still nothing.

By the way I have an Xfinity Arris TG862 router... if theres ANY way how to fix this PLEASE HELP I would really appreciate it.

Nintendude128 asked for clarification:

Check canyouseeme, it could be that something else is blocking the port or not forwarding correctly. Also, are you trying with both internal and external addresses? What about localhost on the server comp?

asisease123 provided additional details:

Where can i check can you see me? and im kinda new at this all i know is that i did one a while back and it worked but i moved and i got this xfinity router so i made a new server just today and when i went on my laptop and clicked on direct connect and typed localhost and it refused to login

Yes i have put the ip address as 192.168.56.1 but no luck, at one point it showed up when i put it in but as soon as i tried to log in it didnt work

Answers

asisease123 answered:

Where can i check can you see me? and im kinda new at this all i know is that i did one a while back and it worked but i moved and i got this xfinity router so i made a new server just today and when i went on my laptop and clicked on direct connect and typed localhost and it refused to login.
0 0

Nintendude128 answered:

www.canyouseeme.org is the address.
Localhost is used to connect to a server on the same machine as the client. Since it sounds like you're just trying to connect from elsewhere inside your network, try the server machine's internal IP (e.g. 192.168.0.x) + :25565
0 0

asisease123 answered:

Yes i have put the ip address as 192.168.56.1 but no luck, at one point it showed up when i put it in but as soon as i tried to log in it didnt work.
0 0

firemike answered:

It would be useful to know if anyone has been able to connect from either inside or outside of your LAN.

Sorry if you already did something similar but doing some digging it sounds like the arris tg862 access IP and lan IPs differ from the more common 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x styles but i am not sure if Xfinity does or not.

If the server is a windows computer try running cmd to open a command line and type in ipconfig.
That should bring up a list of the network interfaces on that machine and it should list the ip address assigned to the interface as something like IPv4 ###.###.###.### as well as the gateway address which should be the ip to access the router.

From the laptop you will want to connect to that IPv4 address.
0 0

dagamerbos1045 answered:

Minecraft server gltch
0 0

KoolDashKid answered:

Don't make your Minecraft IP address your default gateway or your website IP, I've tried it. What you do is you open up your command prompt (AKA: start.bat/run.bat) and your server is up. CHange your IP Address (in game) to "localhost" without the ". Once done, your minecraft server should work.
0 0