Question from dibbion

Why does the game keep telling me "Fatal Error (4) null"?

I already have a minecraft account, so all I have to do is download the launcher. Then I log in and what does it give me? A load of bull crap in the form of "Fatal Error (4) null". Why?

dibbion provided additional details:

I think I'll just use a thumb drive to fix the problem... thanks any way.

dibbion provided additional details:

No, actually, it doesn't, Dragoncat1. What you see is what it says, but now, I put in the information I'm supposed to, and it says log in failed, and I tend to notice that below the "Play offline" button, it says "Not downloaded". I wonder what it's trying to tell me. I log in to my minecraft.net account just to buy the game, but it says that the account is already premium. This piques my curiosity, and so I decided to go to mojang for some assistance, but I get nothing out of it. All I'm left with is this very site, which has helped me with most if not all of my gaming problems thus far.

Answers

Nintendude128 answered:

A quick googling suggests you should open your antivirus and disable Web Filtering, launch MC and make a world, save + quit and turn web filtering back on.
0 1

DragonCat1 answered:

Does it say something about a mini dump? If so, give your some air cooling, shut it down (2 hour mininum), Then try not to push the combination of buttons/clicks you pressed about 2 sec. beforehand
0 0