Question from TL_Goken

Minecraft.jar?

I'm having difficulties turning minecraft.jar from a Java SE Binary into a folder so I can get into it. Any advice? I'm running Windows 7

Answers

lavarathan answered:

Try opening it with an archiving utility. I like 7-zip, but there are plenty of others that will work like winrar or the like. After installation right click on the file and choose the menu 'open with'. Select '7-zip File Manager' This should allow you to modify the minecraft.jar for mods which I assume you are trying to install. If you need help with installing the mods you can PM me if you need help. Good luck.

7-Zip archive utility download link:
7-zip.org
1 0

Blobs_ answered:

Don't try and turn it into a regular folder, and then back to a .jar. It doesn't work. Like the person above me said, use a proper archiving utility like WinRAR or 7zip.
0 0