Question from Mr_qwickscop
How to use INVedit ?
Top Voted Answer
INVedit can just be run from the executable file. Once you've run it there should be "new page", "save to" and "load from" buttons in the top left corner. If you click the little arrow next to the "Load From" button (the folder icon) then there should be a list of all the worlds you have saved on your Minecraft game.
Simply pick one and your inventory from that world will open (from the last time you saved it)
From here, merely drag-and-drop items from the list on the right hand side into your inventory. Once done, simply click the little arrow next to the "Save to" button (the floppy disk icon) and choose the world that you originally opened to save your inventory.
NOTE: changes made in INVedit will only take effect when you are logged out of the world you're currently attempting to modify. Playing in world X while trying to edit the inventory in world X will have no effect. Log out first, change it, then log back in.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
what do you mean how to use it? How to download it? How to extract it? How to work it?
What do you mean, how do you use it? Once you install it, go to your inventory screen and to the side is a bunch of icons, each corresponding to an icon. Click on it and it gets put into your inventory.
If you're wondering how to install it, just extract the zip contents into the Minecraft jar.
In order to open the Minecraft jar, run %appdata%, go to roaming, and then Minecraft. From there, go to bin and there's a java thing called Minecraft. Right click on it and open it. Extract the files into that.
Mizuno, that's Too many items, not INVedit.
To use INVedit you just download it and run the .exe, that's all there is to it.
Please be aware of the following:
1) InvEdit is for Windows ONLY. Mac's need to use Inside Job.
2) InvEdit is for OFFLINE USAGE ONLY! You cannot use it with online worlds... unless you're running a server. HOWEVER, I'm not certain how it works with servers... so your milage will vary.
3) YOU MUST BE OUT OF THE WORLD for the changes to go into effect. -- You can't edit your inventory while you're still in the game because the file will be overwritten when you leave the world to reflect the inventory you had when you left.
InvEdit is a very simple program to use. Once you have it unzipped & the program running...
1) Select file -> Open "World xxx" (replace xxx with the actual name of the world). For Offline worlds, there will be a small list of worlds that you've made offline.
When you open the world, you'll load up the inventory of the character for that world.
2) Drag & Drop items from the list on the right to open inventory slots. You can also drag items from the inventory to the trash can to delete them.
Please be aware that InvEdit will give you the maximum number of items as permitted within the typical framework of the game. You can, however, go beyond the typical framework of the game & go with the hard limits, but it can be a bit risk.
3) Once you have completed your modifications, hit the save button
4) Quit InvEdit, load up the world & enjoy the new items you added.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.