Question from Jademan77
Can somebody please help?
Can somebody please explain in a lot of detail how to move a world from one computer to another? I am not a tech savey person.
Thanks a lot!
Please use simple terms.
Okay, thanks, can I save the world to my USB and play it from that?
==This is explained in easy and simple steps any can follow==
1. on the minecraft title screen, click mods and texture packs and click on "open texture packs folder"
2. click the folder that opens up(on the title bar) and press backspace
3. open saves folder
4. copy the folder with the name of the world you want to your usb
5. insert usb and do steps 1 to 3 on the other computer
6. paste the copied folder(world)
This question has been successfully answered and closed
1. Open Windows Explorer (aka My Computer)
2. Go to C:\Users and select your username
3. Open the AppData folder. If you don't see it there, do the following:
3a. Press alt and go to Tools > Folder Options
3b. Go to view tab and look through the list for "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
3c. Enable the "Show hidden files.." and click OK
4. Open the AppData folder and go to Roaming\.minecraft\saves
There will be one folder for each world you have created. You want to copy the world folder to your other computer. The easiest way to do this is with a USB storage device (jump drive/flash key/whatever).
On the destination PC, do the same steps to get to that Saves folder and paste the world folder there from the USB storage device or whatever you're using to transfer it. If you have another world there with the same name, rename it to something else before pasting.
Go to the start menu and type in %appdata% then hit enter. After that click on the .minecraft folder and after in there click on "saves". You can put them on a USB then transfer the save you want. I hope this help! :)
You can't play the world from your USB device. You can copy the world to your USB and replace the one on your PC(s) as needed. It cannot be directly loaded off the USB, because the worlds are drawn from that .minecraft/saves folder and that can't be changed.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|3 Ender Dragons?! (glitch?)||Answered||hawkballerc|
|How do I beat The Ender Dragon?||Open||TroubleTime|
|What is the best strategy for finding an abandon MineShaft?||Open||TroubleTime|
|Keep on getting low fps with good computer?||Open||MonkeyHomicidal|
|Name of the Minecraft World?||Answered||whiteninja12239|