Review by ConnorJQ

"Let's put it this way, its still in Alpha"

A couple of months ago a little birdie told me about a little game called Minecraft. Not only is this Indie Game superb but the amount of hours spent on this game might take off a couple of your shifts at work.

Let me be Frank. You (As the player) are put/spawned into a randomly generated world, the map/world you are put into is literally Infinitie! Some of the maps, big or small, are geographically off the scale. (Basically, big, big world).

Not only do have to survive but you must make some sort of shelter from the black of night. You only have a certain amount of time to organise all of your materials together and live life (In this world!) to the fullest. You start off at a spawn point but soon later may be in a cave for longer, when I mentioned materials I'm, talking, pick axes, spades, axes, swords suits of armor you see where I'm going with this. You could build a wooden cabin to warm yourself from the winter snow! Build a castle to show the world what you're made of. Or build one of the biggest sculptures ever!

A word of caution though. Enemies in this game are not for the faint hearted, blood thirsty zombies, archer skeletons, and a...green thing...THAT EXPLODES! Yes after nightfall hits the world, it is VITAL that you stay indoors Zombies will chase you down and skeletons...well. You can use your imagination for that one. These creatures want your blood, and they will pay through the nose to get it.

Crafting items is also one of the key pieces of the puzzle in Minecraft i.e. You have a 2x2 square to begin with but if you make a workbench out of wood, you get a 3x3 square allowing you to kind of "Draw" out the item.

If I could sum up Minecraft in one word it would be "Awesome" Its basically a Gamers bread and butter really, 9 out of 10 people will know what Minecraft is, the other one...I don't know where he/she's been but the point is, Minecraft is an exceptionally well designed and polished game that will be remembered for years to come if it can win an award for Inside Gaming, then it's good enough for me.

For £7.99 (9 Euros) It was worth every penny.

I give Minecraft a 9/10

---

Note: I purchased Minecraft a couple of days just after the Halloween update so I cant exactly give a fully detailed review when I haven't experienced this part of the update.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/14/10

Game Release: Minecraft (EU, 05/10/09)