Review by Dbres222

"Minecraft, Waste of time? I say genius."

Remember when you were a kid and you loved to create something. something new, a new world perhaps. Mine craft gives you the ability to do so. All those dreams of building something that you always wanted, but through this tiny, but massive light PC game. Minecraft gives you the tools that you need to create what you always wanted, either irl, or from Lego blocks from when you were a kid.

Gameplay: 8/10.

This gameplay is amazing. You mine stuff, pick it up, make something out of it, and create annnnd repeat. Although that might sound boring, there are tons of things you can build in this world. This game is just a massive grid in which you can build. The game also has "monsters" that ruin fun, but it would be very boring without them, going into caves without them you'd think that there wouldn't be any fun in dying and having to rush to get your belongings back. You can do so even in Multiplayer, just get a server going with your friends and build together a town or village, even a castle. What ever you want, Minecraft offers the tools to create it.

Graphics: 7/10.

Now, your gonna say to me, this game has the worst graphics I've seen in a long time. This game is basically built out of pixels, but that's the point! It's a BLOCK world, do you expect the graphics to be Final Fantasy worthy? I don't think so. It's like a big Video Game Lego world.

The sounds are perfect to what they need to be sounded like, sure, there could be a lot more music, but what ever. it's great the way it is.

Playtime/Replay ability: 10/10

You will spend days on this game. You WILL start building something, and look at the time, and 6 hours went by, Just like that. You'll stop playing as the thought of "wasting time" crosses the mind, but then, you will click on that little icon, and pick it up again, very quickly. This game you can play at anytime, anywhere, anytime. Your PC chair will be wet with the sweat from your nipples.

Overall: 8.5/10

Minecraft is a excellent "chill" game, alone or with friends! You can spend days on this game without realizing it. I highly recommend giving this game a try, I'm 100% sure you'll have some fun.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/05/11

Game Release: Minecraft (Classic) (US, 05/10/09)