Current for 1.4.6.
- Mouse: Moves the camera.
- Scroll Wheel: Changes slots in the quick-bar.
- Number keys 1-9: Changes the slot in the quick-bar to the respective key.
- F1: Hides the HUD. Press again to return the HUD.
- F2: As quoted from the Minecraft Wiki:
"Simply pressing this key will take a screenshot and place it in:
~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/screenshots in OS X ~/.minecraft/screenshots in Linux.
Use this in conjunction with F1 to take screenshots without the HUD."
- F3: Brings up debug features.
- F5: Changes from first person to third person, then third person but looking at the player's front.
- F8: Toggles mouse smoothing. Usually used for Machinima.
- F10/Left Alt: Freezes the Screen, used to see what a screenshot might be. Only usable on Singleplayer. Left Click to disengage.
- F11: Toggles fullscreen.
Configurable Controls (Can change in Options)
- Movement keys:
- W: Moves forward
- S: Moves backwards
- A: Moves left
- D: Moves right
- Left Mouse Button/Mouse1:
- Destroys blocks [when held]
- Attacks [when tapped]
- Grabs all of a stack from the inventory, chest, ect.
- Right Mouse Button/Mouse2:
- Places block selected in the quick-bar (if applicable)
- Blocks w/ a sword [when held]
- Fires a bow [hold to charge]
- Activates blocks such as Crafting Tables, Furnaces, and changes Note Block pitches
- Toggle doors/levers/buttons [when tapped]
- Opens chests [when tapped]
- Places 1 item from a stack into the new location
- Grabs half a stack if taken from inventory, chest, ect.
- Scroll Wheel (pressed)/Mouse3: When looking at a block, if the Scroll Wheel is pressed (assuming the player has the block in their quick-bar), the active block will switch to the one the player was looking at.
- In Creative, this adds the block right-clicked with to your hotbar, or if your hotbar is full, it replaces the current item you have with the right-clicked item.
- Also, if you right-click a mob (in creative), you will be given it's spawn egg.
- Spacebar: Jump. In Creative Mode, double tapping will allow the player to fly.
- When flying, Space will make the player rise, and Shift will descend.
- Double tapping Space again while flying will cancel fly mode, along with touching the ground.
- Left Shift: Sneak.
- When held, sneaking will prevent the player from falling off the edges of blocks.
- In Multiplayer, sneaking will render your name almost invisible when seen through blocks.
- When flying in Creative Mode, Shift will cause the player to descend.
- E: Opens the Inventory.
- Q: Drops the active item.
- T: Opens the chat log, allowing the player to view previous messages and send their own.
- Tab: [Multiplayer only] When held, shows all the online players and their latency.
- Slash(/): Same as T, but adds a slash as the first character in the chat box. Used for typing Commands into the Server/Singleplayer game with cheats
Advanced Controls (<----> = Default Controls)
- Double tap and hold <W>
- Hunger will decrease faster when sprinting
- Any Shift + <Left Mouse Button>
- In the Inventory, Shift-clicking on an item switches it between the quick-bar and inventory, or from Chest, Furnace, or Other to Inventory.
- When crafting, Shift-clicking will create all the items it can with the materials placed in the crafting table.
- Automatically adds fuel or material to their respective locations in the Furnace.
- Any Shift + <Right Mouse Button>
- Ability to place items such as Torches, Redstone, Rails, Ect. to certain interactable blocks, such as Crafting Tables, Chests, Furnaces, Ect. But NOT Doors.
- Control + <Q>
- Drops whole stack of items
Keybind mods can be used to execute commands using a configurable key. Note, however, that some servers consider them cheating.