Question from Nonoru

Stuck on Thieves Guild bug ?

Allright i just got the Nightingale Armor just when Karliah tells me to pass the next door to make a pact.
Problem is that even though she's done talking the next step won't trigger. Karliah is "busy" and i can't pull the chain to open the door.

Anyone knows if there is a way to go on ?

chadclark91 asked for clarification:

Something similar happened to me, on the same quest. but she left the area. I cannot find her now, and the gate remains shut.....

Zephier13579 asked for clarification:

Same thing for me. she completes the dialog then walks back toward the entrance and the other guy just keeps repeating his conversation with her even though he walks toward the gate. I tried the place at me command and all she does is continue to pull the chain. The gate doesnt drop.

chadclark91 asked for clarification:

Is there anyway to make her come back once she has left though? I went ahead and did quite a few quests since then I would hate to have to redo them all.

Answers

skooter1000 answered:

Sometimes you are supposed to play follow the leader. Try standing behind her to trigger her movement.
0 0

madalin11 answered:

Ok, i made this account specialy to show you the fix. Make sure you have a save before you speak to K.
So after you speak with K. she walks away.
1. When she is speaking to the grup, dont stand faceing the locked door, but face the way you came in. Let's just after K. speaks to you she gows in the direction she is left after the dialog ends. So stand faceing the way you came in, let her speak, then she speaks to you, end the dialog ,and she will go to the locked door.
2.After she is geting to the locked door, and this is funny, she will pull the chain to open the door, the bars go down for 2 sec cuz she pulls the chain again and you the bars go up again and you are stuck again. THE TRICK is to stand in her way, try talking to her to buy some time for B. to come close to the door, then let her pull the chain, but run at the door before she pulls it so you can enter in the chamber, and B. will fallow, before she pulls it again. My first time K. didnt make it in the chamber, but if that happens use the wait comand for 1h, important is for B. to pass cuz he wont spam like K. in the chamber.

I really hope this helps you and more important you understand, im writing this message at 4 AM so ... GL
1 0

Dragazhar answered:

None of this helped me. I tried targeting her or typing prid 00058f1a and moveto player and she still kept walking away and never touched the chain to open the gate.

SOLUTION:
.. I go to the chain.. type prid 00058f1a in the console, enter, then moveto player, enter. close console then open. She's there. then I typed setstage TG08A 52. THIS stops her from walking away. she and Brynjolf are walking into the bars instead. Then I just console, target bars type disable. close and both walk to their places. :) I did not miss anything at all. Thank goodness
0 0

AmazonFires answered:

OK, only solution I discover that's worked for me:

When Karliah starts to walk away open console and type "setstage tg08a 52" This will cause her to turn around, and stand by the gate. Leave nightingale hall to skyrim, then go back in. Karliah and Brynjolf will now be standing on their stones but the gate is still shut for you. Open console and type "dlc" This will cause you to be able to walk through the gate. After waling through the gate open console and type "/dlc" This will stop you from walking through stuff again. Take your place on the stone, and everything should proceed as it should.

Please let me know if this works for you too, and good luck!
0 0

AmazonFires answered:

Oh, and to get out you'll need to use "dlc" then go through gate, then "/dlc" also. Karliah and Brynjolf will be trapped on the other side, but if you leave nightingale hall again they find their way out. ;)
0 0

gijoe50000 answered:

Easier and funnier way to get her to open the gate: use the unrelenting force to blast her up the steps before she walks away. before the final question she asks you... I was trying to lure her closer up the steps but she wouldn't come closer than the top step before turning and walking away... just quickly run behind her and boom her up the steps.. :-)
0 0

DonBytza answered:

before karliah ask you if want to become a nightingale ... all you have to do is to put your companion to wait LoL ... then ... after you agree she will go to the gate and pull the chain once so all 3 of you will enter and continue quest.
verry easy.
I had same problem and like these worked for me:P
0 0

limorkil answered:

None of the solutions here or elsewhere quite worked for me exactly as described, so I'll record what I did. You need to get Karliah and Brynholf over to the gate before she'll open it. It's not too hard to get Karliah over by TABbing out of her question about agreeing to the terms and then backing towards the gate. Unrelenting Force shout also works as mentioned earlier. I found I could get her to the top of the steps but then I had to run round her and use Unrelenting Force to get her the rest of the way. Unfortunately, Brynholf will not move until you agree to the terms, so you have to agree and then keep Karliah near the gate until Brynholf walks over, otherwise Karliah will have walked off before Brynholf gets there. I used a Paralyze spell on her, but anything that keeps her from walking off is good. Once Brynholf gets there, Karliah opens the gate. At least, that's what worked for me.
0 0

AjayBiswas22 answered:

Save before Karliah and Brynholf end their conversation, restart the game. Tab her out before her words are over. Then everything works fine.
0 0

brainchow answered:

This quest still doesn't work as of July 2014....

If Karliah has walked away and you cannot find her there is a somewhat simple fix for this. This was mentioned above but let me make it a little more clear. Also, I'm playing on the PC so I don't know about the console versions.

First off, go to the gate that is shut and open the console (press ~). Click the gate and type "disable" and hit enter. Open the console again and type,
"setstage tg08a 52" and Brynjolff will head to his designated spot. Now to spawn Karliah you will open the console and type "prid 00058f1a", then push enter (you should notice that this "targets" her in the console) and now you can enter the console command "moveto player" and hit enter. This will move Karliah to your location and she should automatically start to move toward the center platform and you are free to continue with the Nightingale initiation. Just go stand on your designated spot and Karliah should start to speak with Nocturnal.
0 0