Question from Necrofearr

Dragon souls?

Is it only named dragon that give souls? I just killed a random dragon that came down on me and after he died i didn't absorbed any souls... So what's wrong?

From: Darklight3 3 years ago

All dragons give souls, you have to be near them and watch their corpse fall apart to recieve though. I generally just search them then wait. Maybe a bug, maybe aglitch, but if it's not one of those thats the only reason i can think you didn't get the soul.

I'm pretty sure all dragons provide souls, but only named dragons provide souls that activate their specific shout type.

Ive ran into this too and my theory is that its because its a dragon that's not exactly random it was at a word wall that i had been to before i went there to see if the dragon would be there again but i didn't absorb its soul it just stayed there and didn't even disintegrate