Question from Merdakai

How to use console command 'lock'?

i am wanting to work up my lockpicking skill but hate having to travel for what seems like forever until i find another locked door or chest.
i have a chest targeted, my cursor is on the chest and its asking me to Search chest. I want to lock this chest but the lock command isnt working. i know i type in lock, but what do i put after that? using words 'adept' and what not do nothing, but when i type a number after lock it gives no error, but the chest remains unlocked.
could anyone please explain how to use the Lock command or what i am doing wrong.

Answers

Ntwo2 answered:

If you are using console commands, you might aswel do it "fully" and just set the desired lockpicking level.
[You can skill it up as you'd "opened" 100000 containers and receive levels, or you can set it to 100 without changing level gain.]

Otherwise, when you have the console tab open, you have to use the cursor and select the desired object and the level you wish to lock the container with.
0 0

tigerhawk100 answered:

There is another cheat "player.incpcs (skill)" just type it in and substitute lockpicking for (skill) and that'll
also work.
0 0