Question from husseyka

How do I unequip Ring of Hircine?

I was doing Ill Met By Moonlight. So I'm in the grotto and start talking to Sinding. I have to decide whether to kill him or aid him. This is where I screwed up. I turned aside to read up on the consequences of each, got distracted, by the time I got back to it, Sinding is gone, everone is dead, and I have this ring on which keeps me from equipping another. I've been back to the grotto several times but can't find Sinding. Does anyone know how I can get the Ring of Hircine unequipped?

millionman99 answered:

you have two choices. first you can continue the quest by killing a snow white deer in the forest nearby and you will ultimately get the ring without the curse allowing you to infinitely transform into a wolf. Or you can turn into a wolf which removes all equipped items and then transform back and don't equip the ring. Your choice.
2 0

Answers

brohaw211 answered:

If you really can't stand it a second longer and don't care about finishing the quest, you can use the console to remove it.

open the console by pressing the ~ button on your keyboard.
once you've opened the console, type "player.removeitem 0002AC60" without the quotes. This should remove the ring from your inventory.

after you've done all of that you should be good to go! I wouldn't recommend this method, using the console in relation to quests can cause unseen problems in the future. Make sure to save your game before you ever use the console so you can revert if something should go wrong!
0 0