How are armor/weapon values defined?

1. I just made my second full set of Daedric Armor to improve my enchantments from the first one. Both have same Armor rating but the enchantments on the second one are stronger, so by default the second one should be valued (expensive) more right?..but for some reason the first one with same armor rating and weaker enchantments is more valued.
    There is also that "up arrow" sign besides my first set but not besides my second set..What does this mean?

User Info: sprasla

sprasla - 5 years ago

1. I noticed the issue with the values as well, however, when i sell the items they all sell for the same amount as long as i enchanted with the same item, enchant, and soul gem. Basically i grabbed all the dwarven junk from the markarth ruin and spent the next few hours making dwarven bows and enchanting them and selling them.

User Info: sk8za

sk8za (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0

1. As for the values, I have no idea. But the up arrow besides the armor name indicates that it is better than what you currently have equipped. With no details, it seems your first set is your best equipment and maybe that is why it has a higher value than your second.

User Info: millionman99

millionman99 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. The value of an enchanted item depends on the soul gem you used.So it is possible to enchant two of the same items,but have different values assigned to each one.

User Info: theplqa

theplqa - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. For some reason within the game the higher your enchanting level, the less your enchanted gear is worth. This means that the crappy enchanted iron dagger that you created at level 15 enchanting is worth more than the one you enchant level 100 enchanting.

Source: www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting

User Info: sneakyaznsniper

sneakyaznsniper - 4 years ago 0 0