How do I stop the whiterun guards from trying to kill me?

1. I tried the set bounty cheat to 0 but didn't work. They won't take me in because my bounty is too high. Is there a cheat that lets me make them unangry?

User Info: Paladinx989

Paladinx989 - 5 years ago
    I pretty much mass murdered the town of riverrun.

User Info: Paladinx989

Paladinx989 - 5 years ago

1. Leave the city for awhile, then re-enter. Once a guard approaches he should give you a choice whether to pay the fine, go to jail or resist arrest. Also, you can only get the set bounty command to work if you input the ID of that city with it (I think).

User Info: aeonlash

aeonlash - 4 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Erm... why did you make them angry in the first place? Try joining the Dark Brotherhood, that may help.

User Info: jhonel83

jhonel83 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Stealing is a nono. I got wind of this as sometimes the items appear with "Steal" when you read a book for example but in some cases some items with "Take" like a book in a Jarl`s palace is actually stealing if your not sneaking/in stealth mode. The Jarl for me yelled "Guards!" then I was approached that blahblahblah go to jail or pay fine. You have to reload at a point, I guess...and do quests for any Jarl in a particular place and earn the Thane title....you can pretty much getaway with anything even stealing in their hold.

User Info: Mazinger_Kaiser

Mazinger_Kaiser - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. Join the thieves guild, it will give you the option to bribe the guards. Although you might not have enough gold to pay off wiping out a whole town.

User Info: sk8za

sk8za (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  4. Run away from the city then search google the factons city where the guards are atacking then open console and tipe player.setcrimegold 0 xxxxx
    xxxx-citys faction id

User Info: afonsix

afonsix - 4 years ago 0 0
  5. Same thing happened to me.what happened was i ran into a bandit camp. I decided to kill them so a person ran up to me and said hold on to this shield for a reward. He was a "fugitive". I decided to kill him so i can keep the enchanted shield. 3 seconds later, a "hunter" comes and asks if i saw a man pass by so i said "is this your shield." He said yes and said he was going to kill the person who stole the shield. He also said that if i cross him, he will kill me. So i got mad and hit him. My bounty went up to 25 and when i killed him, my bounty went back down. I was on my way to whiterun when i came across more bandits. I decided to lead them to the whiterun guards for some fun. When i got to whiterun the guards attacked me. So i ran into whiterun. The guards wouldnt let me pay a fine or go to jail, i ran out of whiterun to riften because you can fast travel with enemies and now i cant go to whiterun. Help!!!

User Info: GOOSEpk7

GOOSEpk7 - 3 years ago 0 0
  6. Leave Whiterun, and wait roughly three days, at which point they normally will offer you the chance to pay off your fines on returning. or do what Afonsix said, yet that can be a little immersion breaking for some people.

User Info: PvM_Purcy

PvM_Purcy - 2 years ago 0 0
  7. Also joining the Thieves guild may appear to be a viable option, but to be actually able to bribe city guards they have to be not furious at you, and also, you need to complete a multitude of rinse'n'repeat quests to unlock that ability.

User Info: PvM_Purcy

PvM_Purcy - 2 years ago 0 0
  8. U either got to serve ur jail time or u can pay the guard. But this is what I mostly do if ur speech is high enough and u have the perk u can pay off a guard for mostly 12 gold

User Info: KJWnumber1

KJWnumber1 - 1 year ago 0 0
  9. Well, seithing your weapon might make them stop attacking, at that point you pay the fine or go to jail

User Info: maxhi77

maxhi77 - 10 months ago 0 0