Question from tinmap

Data Files not clickable?

Hello everyone, i'm having a small problem with Skyrim. When i click the launcher, the data files option ( the one that you use to activate mod) is not clickable, is not even highlighted. I look it up and i found out that one other person have that problem but he never mention how to fix it. I know there are mod manager too but i hate using that thing. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem that will be great

Answers

veckin answered:

The data files option is greyed out for me as well. Perhaps that option will become available when Bethesda releases official DLC. I would recommend using a mod manager.
0 0

somrandomguy86 answered:

To make it selectable, go to "C:\Users\(Username here)\Documents\My Games\Skyrim" and open the file SkyrimPrefs.ini and add this line bEnableFileSelection=1 just under where it says launcher
1 0

Philos555 answered:

I tried somrandomguy86's suggestion, as I was having the same problem, but my .ini already had that line in it, and the data files was still unclickable, so...not sure if I did it wrong, or what.
0 0

gardyanakbar answered:

Just delete the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini file. don't worry cause it will be re-generated again.
0 0