Question from THEASSASSIN2711

What is the best house in Skyrim?

I know Solitude house is the most expensive and Windhelm house is the biggest, but which house is the best.

Answers

Thorninator answered:

I say windhelm, it has all the stuff you need and isn't too expensive, solitude was too small for me and not enough storage space and breezehome doesn't have an enchanting table
0 0

Storm_Walker answered:

Depends on what you want out of your home, and what you're willing to do for it. Most expensive house is in Solitude (25,000), comes with an enchanting table, an alchemy table, and a few places to put weapons/armor on display. The house in Windhelm (12,000) has the same stuff, only more display places and bookshelves and less than half the cost of the house in Solitude, but you have to solve the Blood on the Ice quest and finish the Civil War on either side as prerequisites (either you become a Stormcloak or you kill and replace Ulfric). Breezehome is quaint enough, cheap too (5000), and it's right next to a smithy with all the stuff you need to make your own gear, not to mention that it's the quickest and easiest to get permission to buy the house. I never got the house in Markarth, but I do know that it will cost 8000 gold.
0 0

gaming_noob4000 answered:

Don't forget about mods. My modded Proudspire have a basement (about 4-5 giant rooms) full of display cases, plaques (both shield and weapon), mannequins and a fully operational smithy (forge, workbench, grindstone, tanning rack, smelter).
With that in mind, it depends on you to choose which city you want to have your house in.
0 0

radogamer answered:

Gaming_noob is right, there are a large number of mods that out do the in game housing and they are free. If you are playing Skyrim on PC check out the Steam workshop and also check out NexusMods.
0 0

RavitheKhajiit answered:

personally i would say Windhelm because it has a lot of soul gems and potions and space where i can hang my weapons, but it definitely depends on what u like.
0 1

GladiusVortex answered:

If you have heart fire any of them :) otherwise I agree with storm walker.breeze home is enough foe you ;)
0 0

Help with Skyrim House Mods? Open TheRealMrSloth
Which house in Skyrim has the most book storage? Open rickasaur
Which is the best Bow in Skyrim? Answered scarletsummer
Will I be able to run Skyrim? Answered zachsb
Can this run Skyrim? Answered Demon_Boy30