Question from General_Magma

At launch, Skyrim autodetects, changes my settings to default and somehow removes my save files. What to do?

Yo.

Wwhenever I start up Skyrim, the program starts autodetecting and changes my settings back to default. Other than that, the game window is minimalized and I can't change it back either. To add up to that, every save file I make is deleted once I exit Skyrim again.
I had a save file back-up, but for some reason it just refuses to save anything, and I cannot find the folder with my saves either. All this started happening when Nexus Mod Manager stopped working along with it as well. Tried re-installing the game to no avail.

And I still have no idea where my saves folder went... Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft) stores them just fine, yet Rayman Origins (Ubisoft) removed my save and refuses to let me make another one... Skyrim somehow just deletes it after exiting the game. It seems like there's no connection between the save folder and the game.

If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Krysee asked for clarification:

Several questions:

1) Is it a legal copy being run through a genuine (non-spoofed) Steam overlay?
2) Why are you expecting a Bethesda game to behave like a Ubisoft game, when their developers don't even speak the same language?
3) Did you pirate Assassin's Creed, too?

I'm sorry, the third question was unfair and not related to your current problem, but I think you get what I'm suggesting. This is the kind of problem that happens when you pirate a game and don't follow the crack to the letter and/or the crack is outdated.

If this is a fully-updated, totally-legal retail version being run through an unhacked Steam overlay ... well, you shouldn't be having that problem. I say shouldn't, though knowing the stupidity of Windows, Steam, Bethesda and users who think GameFAQs is a good source of answers, I'd say anything is possible.

You might try giving your UAC a kick in the nuts, as well as reinstalling installing Steam (along with all its assosciated games) to a directory that doesn't start with "C:\Program Files (x86)\", or at least running Steam as an administrator, since even a properly-tamed UAC can still cause read/write errors to savegames that are being stored in that region.

Answers

Jwmgreen answered:

Producers'll no
0 0