Question from wadetripp

How can i remove directional sound?

Hi,

I am having a problem, I can't seem to hear a person ahead of me. New sound card is just causing issues, I can hear to the side, tried drivers, settings, etc... I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the surround sound in the Skyrim

Thanks

Krysee asked for clarification:

Hi,

The reason nobody is responding is because you asked for help but didn't give details. What you asked was about as vague as me asking you what color the pill bottle sitting on my desk is, when you don't even know where I live or why I might be taking pills to start with.

What kind of sound card is it? What version drivers? If it's onboard sound, what's the model of the motherboard and processor? You said it's a new card, how new ... so new you can still smell the grease from the Taiwanese robot that assembled it, or new-to-you stuff a friend tossed at you from his late-90s gaming box going "eh, it might still work, give it a shot." This last question is particularly important, as there was a shift in sound card and driver architecture in the last five years or so.

Are you listening using a stereo headset that doesn't understand 3D surround? Are you plugging your earbuds into the L/R output so you can't hear the Center/Boost channel?

Is it MMX? SSE4? CVT16? XOP? ......... IS IT A MAC?

Seriously, don't expect us to just know off the top of our heads what the hell you're running.

GIVE DETAILS.

Specifically, though, you did ask if there's a way to remove directional sound in Skyrim, and as a long-time modder of Bethesda's games, I can tell you that there is not. There's no console command, no hidden setting, and not even anything a modder can do to change the way you hear the game, aside from changing the individual sounds themselves. On, off, volume. Those are your options, because this is a 3D environment and they went out of their way to make the 3D sound system just simply work.

This leaves us down to troubleshooting your real issue, which is "I'm not hearing Skyrim the way it's meant to be heard" which might be any number of actual problems, including "using my iPod for speaker assist on my flimsy overheating notebook isn't working how I expected, so I'm posting to GameFAQs in the hopes that there's a psychic out there." Well there's not. No psychics here. Try Radio Shack.

Answers

LiquidCsOH answered:

I won't be as hostile as the guy above.... But I have not been able to find a place to change the audio surround settings in skypref.ini.

You can change your computer speakers from surround to mono or stereo from the control panel though. that will override the game and force it to be more even.
0 0

How do I remove Vampirism? Open emharger
Can you remove legendary? Open nozzel829
Help to remove right hand spell? Open latonalex
how to remove Quest items from inventory? Open stormebonheart
Console Command to Remove Vampirism? Open dtivonut2356