Hardware for Ultra Settings?

1. I'm sometimes getting some slowdown when I running Ultra Settings? I *THINK* my hardware can handle it, but not sure. I have an Intel Core i7 920 (Nehalem) overclocked to 3.4 Ghz, 6 GBs of DDR3 RAM, and an Nvidia 570 video card with the latest (13Sept2012) driver. I am running it on my 47" HDTV at 1920x1080 though. SHOULD I be having any slowdown? If so, what would be recommended to upgrade? Also running 64 Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

User Info: dtivonut2356

dtivonut2356 - 4 years ago
    From the look of things, you should be fine on ultra settings. Your RAM is on the low side, but 6GBs should be fine. the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is that the RAM's speed might be holding you back. What speed are you running the RAM at? Do you have it overclocked? Also, whats the stock speed of your CPU? Overclocking causes the CPU to produce more heat, as I'm sure you know, and shouldn't be done unless you have an after-market heat sink. Is there a particular thing that causes the framerate to drop, or does it happen randomly?

User Info: shadowsol

shadowsol - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Well I couldn't find any recommended hardware for ultra settings thread or on the wiki but this could maybe help: www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements

Also try the "Can I run this?" Java tool.

Goodluck!

User Info: V0nt3gr0

V0nt3gr0 - 4 years ago 0 0