Question from gardyanakbar

Civil War lag?

I am having highly intensive lags when I joined the stromcloaks and wanted to attack whiterun. The wierd thing is, I only have THIS lag during the battle and some part of area between whiterun and the whiterun stormcloak camp. I had no lag whatsoever in areas not near those 2 areas.

Also, I had my laptop with the recomended settings by bethesda (i7 Core Intel)., with 100+ mods. I had not have this much lag even with my previous i5 core laptop with 150+ mods (although I had small lags).

Please give me an answer because it is just wierd!!!!!

shadowsol asked for clarification:

First, I need to know the speed of your CPU. Just cause it's an i7 doesn't mean its faster than your i5. Also, how much RAM do you have in your computer? What mods are you running? What is the video chipset in your laptop?

The difference between the i5 and the i7 is that the i7 supports hyperthreading. Does this make i7's better than i5's? Not necessarily. While hyperthreading IS useful, it's kind of wasted if your CPU lacks power. For example, I'm running an i5-2500k stock (3.3GHz). This chip is much better than an i7 running at 2.3GHz stock. While the i7 does have hyperthreading, it lacks the power to properly take advantage of it.
Now, if we are comparing two CPU's running at the same stock speed, one i5 and one i7, the i7 will win hands down. However, unless your running a CADD machine, I doubt you'll need the hyperthreading. Not to mention, the i5 is better for overclocking than the i7, from my own experience.

Answers

Jwmgreen answered:

This game lags!!!!!!
0 0

How can I start civil war quests? Open nyllyhan
Here there be monsters bugged ? Unanswered Misbahussad
Can i change to the Empire faction? Unanswered QnA2
Alternative button for 'Mouse Scroll'? Open VergilDD
Where does this mod take place? Unanswered Glenn914