Question from Sandvich123

How do I beat Wall of Flesh?

Ive tried at least 10 times, but i cant beat him myself. Ive done it on my friends server, but when i used the hammer, i couldnt break the demon altar. So I need to know any good single player strategies.

From: Morgasaurus 3 years ago

The Wall of Flesh is mostly a preparation fight. The first step is to flatten a small part of hell. Build one long, continuous, unobstructed bridge of ash/stone/whatever completely free of lava. If you built a "hellevator" already, I would recommend starting one end of your bridge at the bottom of your hellevator, so that when you want to farm WoF you can summon him right after arrival.

Once you have this long bridge the fight is very easy, and you can do it with any weapon really ranged or not. If you are going to do it with a sword like I did, be sure to be in full Molten armor and also try to have several of your accessories with Hardened or Warding prefixes (this adds additional defense.) You may also want to drink potions for defense which are relatively easy to craft.

If you are using a ranged weapon, you can get away with lower defense. In particular if you are using a magic attack on him, you may want to use Necro, Forest, or Meteor armor.

When you first summon him, kill all of the smaller heads first. They will drop hearts for you. After those are dead, with a sword I just constantly run right next to him while facing away. With the right speed, you can just constantly swing your weapon. The windup of the swing should be able to hit the eye that is level to you. During the fight be aware that the middle "eye" will belch worms. These worms will also drop hearts which can replenish your health. You don't really need Heart Statues for Wall of Flesh.

1. Good ranged weapon. A phoenix handgun (use hellstone bars to upgrade a handgun, you find that in the dungeon in locked gold chests) will do. Just use silver bullets too (buy them from the arms dealer during a blood moon) and 'kite' him, by running back away from him utilizing any kind of means of moving backwards through the air (gravitation potion, rocket/spectre boots) you'll want obsidian skin, ironskin and waterwalking to deal with lava. Other than that, a lot of healing potions. After you've beat him once, he's easy.

Hero has put out two or three videos on how to beat bosses. You can check out everything else in the community at Terraria.wikia.com. His latest video showed setting up around 35 or 40 heart statues in hell and summoned all four of the uber bosses. Wall of flesh, skeletron prime, the twins, and the destoyer. The heart statues summon hearts every 10 seconds if you are injured. Took HERO about 7 or 8 min to defeat all of them. Hope it helps.