why won't my NCPs move into this house?

1. ok i have 5 houses right 3 on the ground and 2 on top of the other houses. the ones on top of the other houses are the ones the NCPs will not move into. it says that it is a suitable house. both are 7 tall 12 wide made out of wood with wood walls with a chest a table a chair 1 door (leading to other house) wood platforms for a floor. WHY WON'T THEY MOVE IN

User Info: Snapman101

Snapman101 - 3 years ago

1. Make sure you meet the individual requirements for each npc. They can be seen here: terraria.gamepedia.com/NPC

User Info: Lukey92

Lukey92 - 3 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. You also need a light source for them to move in.

User Info: Metheglin

Metheglin - 3 years ago 0 0
  2. Are you saying that the houses won't let you assign it to an NPC or that it tells you that no one can live there? I think what you're trying to say is that you have assigned houses, but your NPCs won't physically move in.

As long as you are able to assign a house, they should move in, even if they have to warp. I found a Sky Island directly above the base my guy and I set up, and I assigned the Guide to live in it. After we went exploring, he was up there with no issues.

User Info: honorary_oracle

honorary_oracle - 3 years ago 0 0
  3. You have to have a background or "walls" for a NPC to move in

User Info: Cool_Guy1999

Cool_Guy1999 - 3 years ago 0 0
  4. Yah im very late who cares. you said wood platforms? thats why at least i thnk

User Info: DerpGamerX

DerpGamerX - 1 year ago 0 0
  5. You need at least one solid block to stand on for NPCs. You can't make the whole floor out of wooden platforms.

User Info: Awesomeness000

Awesomeness000 - 1 year ago 0 0