Where can you find wild critters such as lizards, turtles, and snakes?

1. I am playing in the new town that came with the pets expansion. My sim wants to catch wild critters but I am not having any luck finding any. I have been searching around in the map in all sorts of places and have yet to come across anything other than an occasional deer. Does anyone know where I can find turtles, rodents, snakes, lizards, and birds? Are they on community lots or in the "wild" [not on a lot] It has been about 5-6 sim days passed since I started this new town, is that enough time for the critters to even spawn?

User Info: amygamie

amygamie - 5 years ago

Answers

1. That should be enough time for them to spawn. If you have the collection helper (purchased with lifetime happiness points) it now has rodents, turtles, lizards, snakes and birds as categories

User Info: squeakyruler

squeakyruler - 5 years ago 0 1
  2. They spawn all over the maps except on home/empty lots. You'll have good luck finding them if you've got the game on normal speed and zoom in fairly close, then send a sim out for a walk with 'follow this sim' camera on (when it's got the tiny crosshairs on their picture, just right click their picture). They won't be in the road, but next to it frequently. Just keep your eyes open.

Or get the collection helper, it's definitely useful. Just remember the sparkly shine that indicates where they are won't show up if the game is paused.

User Info: ShrodingersKit

ShrodingersKit - 5 years ago 0 1
  3. Pretty much everywhere
    Use a cat and train it with hunting, you'll get them easier that way, even though they can fail you can get at least 4 to 5 of the "minipets" a day (my cat is huntling level 7)

You can get cats for free from the adoption menu on your phone

User Info: Tempohyeah

Tempohyeah - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. Once I found a rat in China.

User Info: pearpower99

pearpower99 - 4 years ago 0 0