Question from Agent-M

Can't see loot chest even when i'm on the loot icon?

Maybe its intentional, but I can't seem to find certain loot chests, particularly the ones in the wilderness.

I am at the location, on the loot chest icon searching for the chest but never find anything.

Anyone experience the same?

Agent-M provided additional details:

I also considered this, but when I came in contact with shovels I was unable to interact. Indeed a metal detector would make sense.

Fil0rux answered:

Check the main map or mini-map for black spaces around the chest. Those indicate caves, and in many cases the chests are below where you are standing. If you are on a hill, circle around the icon while going downhill to find cave entrances that might not be marked. Also check any nearby water sources - there are a number of caves you must swim into, and these are seldom marked on the map. The waypoint should have a triangle pointing up or down to indicate whether your destination is above or below you. This information is less useful when you are standing right on top of the loot icon - back away a good deal and make sure the waypoint is set on the loot icon again.
2 0

Answers

c0rr0s10n answered:

My friend mentioned there may be a digging element to the game possibly.. can anyone confirm? is there a metal detector or buried treasure?
1 1

Tussock answered:

Caves.
1 0

ZeeSalahuddin answered:

All of the answers above are correct, but only in part. Elevation is a big thing in Far Cry 3. You could be at the loot icon, but several hundred meters above or below it. Here are a few things that will help.

1. Go to the local shop, buy maps of the area. It will reveal all loot chests and special items on the map. Very useful.
2. If the loot icon appears on map, hover on it, and set a way point. SETTING A WAYPOINT WILL PINPOINT THE LOCATION. This means it will show you if it is above or below you. Remember that waypoints disappear if you are on top of them, so step back and view them. Way points will appear as a square bracket if in your FoV, and as a white arrow if outside of your field of view.
3. If there is water nearby, look along the shore for a cave.
4. If there is no water nearby, zoom in on the map, and look for black smidgens on the map. These are cave entrances.
5. Sometimes you will need to perform platforming to get to your objectives, look for vines/ropes that indicate platforming.
6. Some places are inaccessible via foot. For example, you can only glide onto Calvary Point. I know some people have painstakingly found jumping solutions to get on top, but with Calvary the idea is to fly in.

I hope this helps. If you have a specific location you can't reach, ask and I will see if i can find it for you mate.
0 0