Review by PHarris

"A rare type of game that should not be missed!"

I was apprehensive when purchasing Commandos. I didn't think it would be that fun. But when my best friend was talking so great about it, I gave it a chance. I ws not dissappointed. Let's take a look inside the numbers

Graphics - 7
Thwe graphics are really not the best out there. You have a 3/4 overhead view, and sometimes you almost look too small. However, the graphics are not terrible. No slowdown also.

Control - 9
Controling the players really is not a problem. It kind of reminds me like I'm playing Command and Conquer. It kind of feels like that. The game's layout is also a plus so you really don't have to look around for something you need.

Sound - 8
The sound is also very well. The commandos voices have that cheesy British accent, so you feel like you are actually in World War 2. The music is also a good effort and a joy to listen to.

Gameplay - 10
Playing this game makes you feel like you are back in the 50's fighing a actuall way. It's very engrossing. However, this game is VERY hard. You will spend days trying to beat a level. Gamers who frustrate easily need not apply.

Overall, this a one of a kind game that deserves to be looked at. Be careful though, you might need some Rogaine because this game is so tough you will be pulling hair out of your scalp!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99