Review by Braben

"Behind enemy lines, above most of the strategy games."

A Spanish strategy game?, yep, they know how to do more things than just cooking paella and tortilla. Pyro Studios is a Spanish company that became famous because of this game, worshiped like god himself in Spain (I know it because I live in there) and a big hit in the rest of the world. Ok, it was a blockbuster, but is it any good or just another over hyped garbage like Tomb Rider for example?, oh yes, it is great, one of the best strategy games based on the World War II ever, if not the best.

Plot : The plot is based on real facts, but only based. Each mission takes some real places, characters, events, etc and you have to accomplish different missions.

Graphics 10/10: Excellent, extremely detailed and realistic. All the soldier equipment, vehicles, some buildings, gadgets, etc are based on their original counterpart.
There are also some black and white videos in after some missions where you can see real images from the WWII and things like that which are quite interesting and are very well done.

Music : I can’t rate this because there isn’t any music at all.
The sound and the voices are good anyway.

Gameplay 10/10: This game plays more or less like a strategy game, where you’ll be doing everything with the mouse.
There are six different soldiers for you to use during the game, sometimes you’ll use one, two or all of them, it depends on the mission, but you can’t choose which one use after each mission. Each one has its own abilities, for example we have the typical Rambo guy that is able to do basically everything you ask him, or the spy who is able use different sets of clothes to fool the enemy, a driver, a sniper, etc.

The most important thing in this game is “to think”, and yeah I know this is something really hard for some people, but if you want to play properly you’ll have to do it.

Difficulty : Very hard indeed, but not impossible, not near, I beat it when I was sixteen or so, just keep trying one and a hundred times and at the end you‘ll succeed, and as there is more than one way to win each mission you won’t get stuck, there’s always a possibility.

Deep, unique, and entertaining, these are the best words to describe this game. A must.

””My lack of vocabulary and grammatical errors (if there’s any) are because I’m not from an English speaking country, sorry.””

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/03/03