Review by Haunter12O

"Now here's a game that can rival Starcraft and Warcraft"

Well, Age of Empires would seem fun at first, because this really happened before. And there is a lot of units to get, lots of buildings, and new features. But still, it's not as good as Starcraft. I played it for about 3 hours, then I got a little bored. Sure, it's really good, but if it had a contest with Starcraft, Starcraft would win.

GRAPHICS 10/10:
They are better than Starcraft and Warcraft, since they are very light. But the units look very small and are hard to see. Still, this would be a rival with Warcraft.

SOUND/MUSIC 5/10:
I hated it. I don't know your opinion, but I hated it. The units talk in different languages, which can get annoying. I couldn't even hear what they said. The music-well, it's okay. But it's definitely not as good as Warcraft or Starcraft.

GAMEPLAY 7/10:
Just like Warcraft and Starcraft: You build units and attack the opposing force. There are more buildings and units in this game, and you can build additions such as walls and all. There is more stuff to gather too. The campaign editor is so hard to master that it would take you over 2 months just to get it right. It also sucks. Starcraft and Warcraft campaigns were way better. Multiplayer: not as good as Warcraft and Starcraft. The CGs are very very nice, unlike the dark hard-to-see ones in Starcraft. So basically the gameplay is decent. Not better than Starcraft or Warcraft.

REPLAY 9/10:
Wow! This is one of those games where multiplayer online doesn't receive a 10/10. Still, you would play it a lot. Just not as much as Starcraft.

Should I buy this game?
Get a friend to burn a CD for you if he has it. Don't buy it unless you really like strategy games. Save your money on Starcraft if you don't have it already.

Overall score: 8/10
Receives a Silver Award from Haunter120.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/17/00, Updated 07/17/00