Review by hero of time 43

"It's JEOPARDY!"

Ok, I was at a flea market the other day, with a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket, so I picked up JEOPARDY!, the first game I've bought for my computer in a while, for only six dollars.

Being a gameshow, JEOPARDY! has no story, not that it needs one.

The graphics are rather good, well either way the graphics wouldn't affect the gameplay at all in this game, but it has N-64/PS1 kind of look, so it is pretty good, The gameboard with the questions is easy to read. You never see the people playing the game, it's like you are behind the desk. This way you can see your score at all times.

It sounds like you are actually IN the show. When you start playing the game, it begins just like the show, and it sounds perfect. The beeps and bops of the sound when the Gameboard is being made is well done too. My guess is, is that Alex T.'s voice was used for this game, if it wasn't they used a very good sound a like, the same goes for the announcer [i forget his name] Alex only has so many ways of telling you that you are wrong or right, so he might get a little annoying.

Ringing in on questions is a snap, simply push the button you are assigned to at the beginning of the game. You can set how much time you get to answer the questions as well.

So, while I was in the car on the way home I was thinking if this game would have the same problems as another JEOPARDY game I have[Sports Edition, SNES] Luckily it didn't have the problems I am referring to, the fact that the computer would almost NEVER be wrong, and that you couldn't change the difficulty level. Well, in this game there are few problems. You can change the difficulty from easy to hard, and that effects how human-like the Computers are.

You can play alone or with two other humans. The game is just like the hit T.V. show, so you may have an advantage if you have seen the show.[who hasn't?] Playing the game once just isn't enough, and most people will find themselves playing this game again.

Possible Scores:

Replay: 24
Controls: 38

Score: 94/100

GameFaqs Score: 9.4/10

Finally, JEOPARDY! is a great way to test your knowledge either against some friends, or the computer.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/01/02, Updated 01/25/03