Question from Devlin88

Low Skill Workers, how do I fix it?

I keep getting a notification that I have low skilled workers. But I have 2 elementary schools, 2 high schools, a community college & a university which are all well attended & upgraded.

Any idea how to fix this?

suresh419 asked for clarification:

xpertgamer101... where are these green hats that you speak of? I would like to know this so I can then have this green hats state... really i'm not trolling, i do not know what you are talking, please point it out.

xpertgamer101 answered:

The best way to do it is having a large number of educated sims. You need two things to have educated sims. A high enrollment rate ( An upgraded high school is the best way to do this. ), a high level of education ( Via community college or a university ) and supplementary education for poor sims ( Via multiple libraries. )

Setting up multiple libraries around the town will gradually increase the education level. Once you hit about 4-5 green hats, your education level will be high enough from there on so that you should stop getting alerts about it.
4 0

Answers

tigros40208 answered:

Are you Sims still in the low level housing. I didn't start getting skilled workers until I got thier housing upgraded. To do that you have to make sure the streets aroound thier residence are higher level and that they have plenty of stuff to play with like parks and basketball stuff.
0 1

hunter3742 answered:

In order to get skilled workers, you need to increase the education level of your city. Uneducated or elementary educated sims won't be skilled - you need at least a high school and, if possible, a university to really get skilled sims.
0 0

Waggeh answered:

suresh419 - If you click on the school symbol on your tool bar (I think it is a hat), you will see the current ... hats you have in your city (Education), below those are stars, which is the tech level.
2 0

Not enough skilled workers? Open Bradvh97
How to change mayor name? Unanswered AlexPej79
Where's the Oil, Ore, or Coal? Open Knightmare316
The game is beeping when somebody else moved in. How to fix? Unanswered Haydenman2
How to start recycling in SimCity? Answered AFrostyMug