Question from ElversEden

Unlocking Ships?

I've unlocked 3 ships so far: The starter one, the Engi ship, and the one for defeating the final boss. But how do I unlock the others? And if I die after completing the necessary things to unlock a ship, will it still be unlocked?

From: enryu100 2 years ago

If you want to know how to unlock all the ships you can go on ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships , but beware, some of the requirements are ANNOYING!

I've never beaten the game, and have unlocked 2 ships - the engi ship, and a stealth ship built by the engi for the federation. I got the stealth ship incidentally as I was playing the game, but it seems that you can at least read hints about how to unlock the others from the hangar. It seems like they tend to involve/sound "quest'ish."

I know you can unlock some ships when you die, but I suppose its possible there are exceptions (like, ships where you have to win to unlock them, I guess).

There is a save floating around the internet with all ships unlocked if you would prefer to do it that way.