Question from Valient_dragoon

Well? Did they fix Matchmaking???

OMFG I'm googling more than one page looking to see if you can indeed play with friends without all that bs console stuff where it was so random and tedious.

tl;dr If I buy this will I be able to play with my friend like normal

supersayandoyle answered:

Nope, it is random.
2 0

Answers

silver_armanis answered:

There are many ways to ensure you play with your friends. Me and my room mate are managing to always only play together and the Ad:Hoc matchmaking only takes a few moments.

Both of you stand in the same area, make sure its somehwre not much summoning happens and have the one who wants to be summoned lay his sign down every 10 seconds, normally within 3 or so mins the one wanting to do the summoning will see the soul sign pop up. Skype helps.
1 2

macskeptic answered:

it is random by design... if you don't appreciate it you're missing part of what makes Demon/Dark Souls a different game. So it won't be "fixed" because it was meant to be that way.

What was changed in terms of matchmaking is that when you go to the Colosseum in the content you can enter a 1v1, 2v2 or 4 players deathmatch area.
1 0