Review by JonWood007

"Pretty decent..."

Crysis 3 is the newest of the popular Crysis series on PC. It is known for having mind blowing graphics, and pretty decent game play as well. While I can't say it's as good as Crysis 2, it definitely lives up to the Crysis name and is worth playing.

Yes, this is one of those games I have to give 11/10 for graphics. It's just stunning. It blows so called "next gen" graphics away. Walking through post apocalyptic New York almost looks...real at times. This is as close to photo realism as I have seen in a game so far. While it's not quite there, it's getting close, especially in some scenes of the game.

Considering these mind blowing graphics, the game is rather optimized. While I have to say you need a beefy computer to run it, these requirements are justified, which is more than I can say of a lot of other recent titles.

Controls: 10/10

This game has the standard control scheme that is customizable. There's nothing worth mentioning here, nor worth complaining about.

Single Player: 7/10

The single player is kind of short (4 hours), and while it is good while it last, its length kind of makes the game feel like a tech demo, rather than a full fledged title. Every other Crysis game felt much longer than this game. Still, it is worth playing, and it's pretty fun.

Multiplayer: 7/10

The multiplayer is very similar to crysis 2. It has call of duty style game play, with small to medium sized maps. It has killstreaks, and a decent selection of weapons and attachments to choose from. My only gripe with the multiplayer is the fact that the weapon balance is very flawed. While many weapons are balanced, a select few weapons are blatantly overpowered. These include the L-Tag, the gauss rifle, and the bow. These weapons each kill in one shot, and in the case of the L-tag, can clear out an enclosed space ridiculously easy. While server admins sometimes ban these weapons from use, many servers still allow you to use them, which leads to unbalanced game play. Other than that, the game play is solid, and is basically what Call of Duty: Ghost should have been.

Replay Value: 7/10

As I mentioned, the single player is VERY short. However, the multiplayer has a decent amount of replay value, despite having a very small community of only a few hundred people.

Overall, Crysis 3 is a pretty solid game. While the single player is short and forgettable outside of the insane graphics, the multiplayer is pretty good, despite the flawed weapons balance.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 02/12/14

Game Release: Crysis 3 (US, 02/19/13)