Review by CChan

"Just an expansion pack with the same, old features from Age of Empires"

Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome is just an additional pack to have more missions for Age of Empires so you'll have to maintain your fun longer!

Graphics – 9
The graphics are same as Age of Empires, the original colours, beautiful animations, colourful and detailed backgrounds and of course, they are very well detailed.

Musics – 9
I think there are no additional background musics. I may be mistaken but the musics still maintain their style, with maintained good sound effects.

Gameplay – 8
Actually, the game is really exciting all together. Since this is only an expansion pack, there are not really much to do except to play the missions it supplied. Shooting, trying to conquer something, destroying enemies are the main things you will have to learn. Just an advice from me, don't expect many things as you'll be playing using Age of Empires, except that there are more missions to complete.

Replayability – 7
Nothing to do once you complete the game. You may want to sharpen you thinking skills through this game or had never play it for a long time.

Overall – 8
As I had said before, this is just an expansion pack. So, mainly you will have to just keep up with the normal Age of Empires with more missions to complete, making this game is even enjoyable.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/19/00, Updated 02/19/00