Question from Mamizay

Question about ps3 and pc game?

My husband has already ordered his copy on ps3 and I have preordered mine on pc. I already made a character and have played some during the early access. I was thinking about switching mine to ps3 also. I have my own ps3 I can play on but I'm not really sure if i'd rather play on it or pc. If I get the pc copy is there anyway I could download the game to my ps3 too and then switch between the two or would I have to buy the game again to do that? I can't decide which one to play on but I want to play the same character on both systems (at different times of course) So is that possible? Also, if it's not and I decide to get it for ps3 instead of pc will I still be able to play the character I made on the pc already or will I have to start over with a new character for ps3?

Mamizay provided additional details:

Okay, If I have the early access on my pc(where i paid $5 to pre-order it at gamestop) and then go out and buy the ps3 version instead would I still be able to play it on my pc too after the early access is up or would my pc version stop working?

jZangetsu21 answered:

I had beta access on PC and PS3 for this game. As long as you log into the same server (obviously) you can play your character on both platforms. Even if you play on PC and your husband on PS3, you can still play together since it's cross platform.

However, you will still have to buy the both versions if you wish to play on both platforms. After playing the game on both, I would recommend the PC version though. I don't care for graphics at all, but for some reason the PS3 version really hit my eyes hard. There is just so much detail, trees, grass, shadows, light shafts etc. and they seem to become very blurred since the PS3 is only running at 720p.

It could be just me but yeah, this was my experience. Might also have been because I wasn't sitting far enough from my tv (it's hooked up to my pc so I don't sit far from it).

In general it's easier for me and more enjoyable on pc.

So to answer the question after I've blabbed on and on, yes, you will need to purchase both if you want to play on PC and PS3
0 0

Answers

Ezuka answered:

You will have to buy the PS3 version; however, you will be able to play as the same character on both versions.
2 0

Kienowa answered:

You would have to purchase the PS3 copy to play it on both. I would suggest that your husband get a digital copy of the PS3 version since both of you have your own PS3 because PSN usually lets you install a purchased game on up to two systems at once. You are supposed to be able to play on either platform with the same character.
0 0

DgtCloud answered:

FFXIV ARR is cross platform play so you and your husband can play together ( him on PS3 an you on PC) just fine :)
0 0