Review by Tribesmen

"I'm a fan of the comics and the show, but this... CLEMENTINE MUST BE PROTECTED."

The Walking Dead was originally a comic book written by Robert Kirkman, which hit it big and now there is a TV show adaption of the comic, and currently in Video Game format. In this game you follow a character named Lee, who was convicted for murder and on his way to jail when the infection hits. You end up running into a little girl named Clementine and the game follows their story.

I, personally, LOVE the art style to this game. It does have a Poker Night look to it in terms of how things are drawn but that is not a bad thing. Everything is detailed and extremely grim perfectly showing the dystopian world that people now live in. High quality stuff.

Simple to pull off, gunshots sound authentic, zombie growls are menacing, and the music strikes a cord right in the feels or puts a significant feeling of terror when it needs to.

Not a fan of point-and-clicks, this is mostly just that. I play with an XBOX controller and so you do have to move your character around and then select objects and interact with the environment and other characters in order to progress the story. You get to choose what to say to people and that further affects the story leaving for interesting end-game developments. This is done very similarly to Mass Effect in that sense. I would normally give this a 10/10 but I'll admit, I am biased against point-and-clicks, thus the 8/10. But out of the handful of point-and-clicks I have played, this game is by FAR the best.

It is The Walking Dead by name, and some of the characters from the show/comic make cameo appearances, but what you are getting is a brand new story set in the same universe. Zombies? Yeah, they are awesome, but this isn't why you will be remembering this game. Like I mentioned, this game follows Lee and Clementine. If you do not fall in love with that little girl (not in the perverted sense) then you are a stone-cold heartless mother effer. This story is SO GUT WRENCHING, SO AMAZING, and the character of Clementine is SO wonderful that I'm considering naming my future daughter after her. I put a lot of time into the game, there are 5 episodes, 6 if you get the DLC (Read my review on that because GameFAQs lists it as a separate game). Basically, I don't know anyone who played this game and didn't love it. By time you get to the end of it, you will at least be choking tears back if not weeping like a baby.

I am quite stingy with 10/10 ratings in the overall category. Only games I absolutely loved get this rating and most games I thoroughly enjoyed only get 9/10. Telltale Games took something that was popular, added their flavor to it, and delivered something beautiful. This is my true and objective rating. I know Gameplay gets an 8 from me, but I also took into account that I am biased against point-and-clicks. This game is simply wonderful, and even if you aren't a fan of The Walking Dead comics or the show, I have to admit I can't imagine someone NOT enjoying this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/14

Game Release: The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series (US, 04/24/12)