Question from ryanz774

How to solve video modes problem?

Ive installed the game now when i go to play it says starcraft was unable to switch video modes.To correct this problems set desktop Area to 640x480 and color palette to 256 colors and try running starcraft again. it then has a guide on how to do that but i couldnt do one of them. So then i changed the properties of the game so every time i would play the game it would go in 640x480 mode an 256 colors every time i wanted to play but even after i changed them it still doesnt work? any ideas?

Answers

LordOfDabu answered:

You should probably let us know what operating system you are using.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7, try running the game as an administrator. The game may not have the proper "rights" to change the video mode.
0 0

Unicronus answered:

I had the same problem as you. I was using it on Windows 7. The trick simple. First check off everything in compatibility mode (256 colors, 640x 480 screen, etc.). Then right click on your desktop and select screen resolution. Leave the Screen resolution window open. Then double click on your shortcut for StarCraft and it should work. I dont understand why but i found this worked.
0 0