"A extraordinary game"

Intro- Commandos 2: Men of Courage is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. It is so much better than the original yet still keeps the same all around theme. You lead a squad of WWII allied commandos behind enemy lines in German and Japanese territory, plus in some levels you get additional soldiers to command so you can have an all out battle! I can find no flaws whatsoever in this game, and I always come back to play this masterpiece, even though I have beaten it several times. Anyway, here comes my review. Hope you enjoy.

Gameplay- The gameplay in commandos 2 is detailed yet easy. How can that be, you ask. Well, you basically click on one of your guys, and his options come up. You can interact with the environment so much in this game, such as jumping walls, swimming, grappeling, using mounted machine guns, taking enemy uniforms, and the world is totally destructable. You can enter a building, la down some C4, and then sit back and watch the fireworks, that is, as long as you escape. Your team consists of a green beret, a sniper, a diver, a sapper, a spy, a driver, a thief, and several others. Each soldier has their own unique weapons and items, but you can always take weapons off a dead enemy. The AI is awfully smart too. If they see footprints or blood, or hear gunfire, they will come and investigate. They will open fire on seeing your men, unless they are in disguise, which doesn't always work. They may set off the alarm, bringing fresh help from the local barracks, or they will even try to take you prisoner! The best way to avoid an enemy posse is to kill silently, such as a knife attack or a lethal injection. You can even steal wechiles, such as a tank or a truck. The levels will take place from the Far East to war-torn Europe itself. Plus there are secret missions that you have to unlock. Gameplay gets a well-deserved 10/10.

Graphics- Incredible. Best Graphics ever. I mean, the detail level is awesome. Every blade of grass is accounted for, and I mean it. The vechiles are done perfectly, consisting of cammoflauge, dents, and such. The factories spout smoke from the towers, and rubble covers the battle weary streets. You even see famous wonders such as the tall Eifel Tower or the mighty Japanese battleship Yammamoto. And the explosions are life-like as well. The developers put a lot of time into the graphics, and get a 10/10.

Sound- The Germans speak German, the Japanese speak Japanese, the Americans and Brits speak english, so the language is historacally accurate. The game music adds suspense to the serious issue at hand, making you consider every decision you are about to make. The guns and grenades sound fine, and many natural environment noises, such as birds and rain can be heard while crawling through the forest during recon. Sound gets a 10/10.

Replay- I can go on forever about why to replay this game. Wether you just like mad fighting or stealthy assasinations, this game is always fun. A multiplayer is also included, but I haven't got around to that yet though. I enjoy replaying this game just to see the wonderful graphics and fortify my team in a building and watch the Germans attempt to break down the door, only to be machine-gunned by my green-beret. Replay gets a 10/10.

Final. Buy this game. No matter what. Even if you hate WWII, hate commandos, hate life, still buy this game. I guarantee you'll have a great time. Overall, 10/10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/12/04