Review by JFontalba

"The game that made me forget about consoles"

First of all, you should know that I really really don't like 3D shooters games, they usually bore me to death, now you can imagine my surprise when i saw Wolfenstein 2.
This game goes way beyond, now let me tell you why:

Graphics: 10
The graphics are never seen before in the PC, this guys did a great job, I think that they are as real as they can get, the weapon realoding method, the super realistic model design (somehow, every soldier look different from the others), the lighting effects, the fire coming out from fire zombies or the flame thrower... well ok i could go for hours. Graphics in this game are just perfect. Now i should add a little, yet VERY important note: I have a PIII@550 Mhz
and a Riva TNT2 Model 64 (Not the last tech equipment) and yet the game runs even better than quake 2 ... don't ask me how they did so but believe me it's true. This makes a very important feature for those who are not sure about getting this game or not.

Sound: 10
The music is incredible, it gets you so into the game that you won't believe it, the weapon sound is fantastic and very real, the speech is very good but I still think that the german soldiers should speak german. but ohh well ... the sound is still GREAT.

Gameplay: 9,9
If you are used to Q3 then you shouldn't have any problem with this, the only major difference is that you have to reload your weapons when the chambers are empty, and usually is a very good idea to do it manually, so you don't have to do it in the middle of a battle, this makes the game even more real.
Now Why 9,9? you must be thinking ...
The lack of the ability to fire while you are leaning left or right.

Artificial Intelligence: 10
Some soldiers are so intelligent that will surprise you, yet other soldiers are really stupid. Well i still think that the artificial inteligence is perfect because, there are some really stupid persons in real life so why can't this super realistic game have stupid soldiers? This is the game with the best AI that I have ever seen (and I'm a hardcore gamer)

Overall: 10

In few words, the game that everyone should have, or at least try (that would lead to buy it immediately).
Congratulations for Activision, ID soft and all the people who made this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/30/01, Updated 12/30/01