Review by Ravenblack00

"Best Mechwarrior Game to Date"

In my opinion, this is one of the most intricate, challenging games on PC.

The storyline has its good points. When something critical is happening, you'll know it. It also uses individual characters, each with a voice suited for them. My only real complaint is how the story tends to drag on and on with large gaps in excitement.

Control: 7/10

These controls are extremely complex. Some very useful keys aren't even shown in Training! The whole keyboard has a use, and getting a joystick won't help either. However, with all the options given to you, you never need to use every button. Despite the complexity, the control scheme is laid out nicely.

Replay Worth: 7/10

There may not be many additional reasons to play again (excluding alternate endings), the missions are always fun to play. And the option of playing any mission anytime is a bonus too. Its also good to see how far you go without cheats on the hardest mode!

There are times where you can see graphical flaw, but packing so much action in one game is hard. The character graphics, cinema graphics, and battle graphics all flow flawlessly. If there's something far off you need to see, the graphics will help you.

The sound is superb. The rock-style music really catches the mood, and gets the blood pumped for heavy combat. Never fail to recognize what the right music during the right moment can do to the outcome of a battle.

Multi-player: 10/10

WARNING: MULTI-PLAYER WILL TEST EVERYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY LEARN IN SINGLE-PLAYER MODE AND MORE! THIS AIN'T FOR NEWBIES!
However, once you get skilled, multi-player will almost make single-player boring. It provides an excellent challenge, and you get to command an INTELLIGENT team of Lance-mates.

Game-play: 10/10

With so many different suits, weapons, arenas, attack preferences, and knowledge, the amount to strategies one can formulate (in Multi) is endless! So much strategy is involved. Use brute force and be killed. Not only that, but all the destruction makes WWII look like Jerry Springer!

I play for the game-play, and that's most important to me. 10 years from now, in the days of Final Fantasy XVI and Street Fighter: Super Gold Alpha Championship Edition, I will still be on the computer playing this.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/12/04