Review by therater13

"Worthless and childish"

Here is what I think of command and conquer Red alert 2. I think it is one of the most silly kiddy games out there and I also think it is a terrible sequel that does not deliver what the first game delivered. It is probably the biggest waste of time I have ever invested into a game, aside from a few other horrible games I have played this one is probably one of the worst in terms of crushing my expectation's but there is still some fun to be had in the semi large battle's. But even then it is minimal.

Story: Crap, some weird Russian psycho control's other people's minds and makes them slaves, something weird like that. He control's Russia and makes them invade the us then he control's us guys and makes them shoot each other, its all very boring.

Audio: The voice acting and acting is ok, its kind of cheesy and over the top but whatever it isn't all that bad, the cut scenes are sort of amusing from time to time.

Graphics: The visuals in this game are not that stellar, they aren't bad but the thing that really kills them is the god darn cartoony style they tried to do, everything looks kiddy and silly, like watching gi joe and the soldiers that could not die no matter how many times they got shot.

Game play: Honestly I did not play much, I did around half the allied campaign and maybe 2 levels in the Russian campaign and I just couldn't stomach it anymore, it is so darn boring, all the levels are really the same goal, destroy the enemy base, or destroy the enemy control tower which is pretty much a base. Its all the same crap. Very repetitive. I think this game could have been decent if it would have been serious, another thing is the annoying main characters but those were not a big deal, most of the time I just sat that girl in the back of my base while I attacked the enemy so she wouldn't die and I wouldn't have to start the mission over again.

Do not bother with this game, ever since the first command and conquer and the first red alert the command and conquer series has went downhill big time. There is not much point to even looking into command and conquer games anymore until they drop the kiddy crap.

Overall score: 2/10

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 04/09/08

Game Release: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (US, 10/21/00)