Review by kessler

"The best? You mean the worst right?"

Let me start off by saying that this is one of the worst RTS games out there. Now don't get me wrong, I like RTS games just as much as the next person if not more and this has got to be the worst. Do not be fooled by what all those magazines who say this is the best, because it is not. I enjoyed the first one much better.

SOUND:6/10 The sound is pretty good. the machine guns sound like guns and the Russians sound like Russians but the music is simply terrible.

A.I.:5/10 The artificial intelligence in this game is about as smart as a jar of pickles. When you play skirmish it is simply a race. It is one of those you can't use the units very well but the computer can. You can literally paradrop guys in the middle of their base and take out there buildings and the computer will just keep rebuilding them in the same spot until they run out of money. And once you get the computers strategy down, they are simply no challege. Even on hard they are complete wimps.

The Missions:6/10 The missions were surprisingly the best part of the game. Those mission breifing movies were good but the whole game seemed to be a lot more cartoony then its predecessor. All in all they were fun the first time and the endings are not bad.

Internet play:1/10 Internet play on this game is just terrible. I have a good computer with a fairly fast connection and it still lags like hell. And everyone always just wants to play free for all and none of the other fun modes. If you had DSL this game could be fun on the internet, but if you want a fun internet RTS I suggest Myth 2.

Skirmishes:5/10 My favorite part of the first game was the skirmishes. But in this game, it is the worst. You need a patch to make the computers fight each other and even with the patch you can only play free for all and battle, which sucks. You can not even change the tech level like you could in the first one.

So please do not give in to those magazines. The only good thing about this game is the fact that Kari wuhrer plays Tanya. But unless you want an actuall GOOD game that requires ACTUALL STRATEGY I would highly, Highly suggest myth and myth 2.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 12/01/01, Updated 12/01/01