Review by ColdDrone

"If you like strategy games....THIS IS A MUST HAVE"

This game has to be one of the best games out there now. This game is basically flawless and is most definitely the best among its genre.

Story:1010 The story to almost every game is important, without a good story, there's no good game either. But Westwood apparently knew this, for the story is one of the best I've seen for this genre. To put it simple, The Russian dictator Romanov had been a puppet to the Americans for some time and had finally developed a plan to change things with the help of his psychic advisor Yuri. Then when the plan was complete Romanov unleashed a giant army on the U.S. from all sides and to make matters worse, for some odd reason people from certain states had been complaining of headaches and nausea, and some had even succumb to a zombie like submission and began to side with mother Russia and turn their back on their home soil. The U.S. president was finally fed up and decided to launch a nuke. The order was given, but the silos remained shut. It appeared Romonov used psychic energy to create technology to finally make a stand. So? Who will it be? United States, or mother Russia?

gameplay:1010 Theres two sides of playable people: Russians and Allies. Each with their own story and about 30 different missions with good objectives not just destroy the enemy base like some strategy games but with actual objectives each different mission taking from about 10 minutes to a couple of hours,the gameplay for Red Alert 2 is untouchable. You will be occupied with this game for a long time even if your a pro at real time strategy games

graphics:710 Graphics for games like these are hard to rate because even though the game is fun, everything is so small you can't compliment for nice smooth characters or point fault for glitchy box like characters. However I can point out that combat looks much nicer than games like starcraft because of bullets flying around the target and terrain that gives advantages. To put simply, this game has detail to the graphics and is definitely a plus.

Sound:910 Sound is also, though difficult to rate quite nice. Things like gunfire, soldiers commenting that there ready for battle, and of course, lets not forget Tanya's hot voice, all sound nice and just put you in the game.

replay value:1010 You could own this game for fifty years and not get tired of it because of multiplayer and skirmish options. The multiplay is extremely nice and even if your well done with both campaigns, you'll always enjoy a good skirmish.

Cinimatics:810 The only thing you can say when you watch the cinimatics is: SWEET! The transmissions are also quite nice all the video related things in this game are all worth watching, the only problem is...I cant say I'm fond of that Russian dictator guy he gets on your nerves real fast but other than that the videos are really good!

Do I recommend buying this game?:HELL yes! I've said it before I'll say it again,if you like real time strategy games you'll fall in love with this game!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/08/02, Updated 09/08/02